Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rough Weekend

Hey,

            I had a rough game weekend. I went to two tournies and just had a blast. The biggest thing I learned this weekend is to know how to build a team synergy to protect your morale. I saw a young man give up 2 rounds in a row because he picked figures based on what he liked. This is one of the worse ways to build a team for competitive play. He lost hope and his only win came from the bye. He is a player who is on the verge between staying in the game and leaving. I feel there are a lot of people like him. They like their figures and see their figures more along the lines of personal heroes. This is hard to break . Most of the newer players at the venue when looking at my team didn't get what the point was. The powerful Ziran the Tester was the only perceived threat. But that was far from the fact.

        Never worship your pieces. Don't see them as your turn to write your favorite comic in real time. The dues ex machina of good always winning, aka your team being good, doesn't work in real game play. This does not mean you can not enjoy the game but make sure you keep things in context.

Check you later,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

2 comments:

  1. Ziran!!! really, come on now Edward. I love hearing how you put a belt on Magog for some super stupid smash killing. I love hearing some of your other crazy cheese combos....LOVE IT..But pulling out a ziran, or a Galactus that isn't much fun......Play Yahtzee if you want to roll dice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ziran did very very little damage. Stunning blow lockdown meant I only dealt 1damage most times to figures then 1 for there token per multi attack. So in 1 turn I do a spread out 6 damage but I can perma lockdown 3 figures of my choice. Then nova blast from brainiac kills the other forces who are attacking Tester. I don't know how to kill Tester yet.

    ReplyDelete