Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weighed down by options

Hello,

           This blog post is inspiried by building for a game this weekend. I am a bit bogged down by options for a 1500pt game. Add on golden age and feats and the sky is wide open.

       I know first hand the paralyzing element of choice. We are under the illusion that more options the better. But that is not true.  We find that with more choices we are given the braain actually starts to shut down and makes worse choices.  If you ever talk to some one who came from  communist Russia era you must ask about their first time in a super market. I know one lady who stopped dead in her tracks in the cereal isle. 

     Few people can process lots of options thrown at them. We fail to understand that we make many choices based on experience, cultural morals,taboos, and expectations. It's amazing what we can do in a matter of moments.

    I'm working on my team selection and I see my old habits come strong in my team building. It's hard to change because of uncertainty. Destiny is golden age crack for those of us who used her for several years. I get a bit concerned when I think I need 5 or more probs over 700pts.

     Time for a new playbook...or at least some revised pages.

Let's up our game,
Edward Shelton aka darklogos

No comments:

Post a Comment