Friday, April 26, 2013

HAMMER TIME! OH OH OH HERE COMES THE HAMMER!

Hey all,


                We got book of the Red Skull preview today. I think that it is awesome. I just recorded a show talking about it. It will be up some time this weekend.

               First impressions is that it is really strong. I understand it is not broken. What it does is power up your whole team and not one character. The problem is this. It takes to long to fully power up. That is where I am concerned. It will take 14 actions to get 7 hammers into play. That is bad. Slow build up I understand. But bad.

             The hammer swapping can be really broken. I think the idea of having a figure with the second phase hammer is going to be the big thing. Lets say that you get character 1 who is your main attacker and has a hammer that is good while they have power A. You have the support character or just an ok secondary attacker holding the second hammer. When the primary attacker no longer benefits from the hammer it has you then have your other character swap hammers with the primary attacker so it can synch with power B.

            That is my first thoughts. It will get better over time. I will also remind you that The book of the Red Skull does not require you to have 7-8 different hammers.

Thanks for your time,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the same thing. Like If I get 3 Skadi hammers, then get 3 or hell call it 5 hammers month one I can field a FULL book of the Skull? That will be dangerous fast.

    Now, play the con Old man logan revealed last week. Assign hammer, (no roll needed) then switch out for Moljer,(no roll needed) then assign a different hammer.....it is going to be silly....

    ReplyDelete