Monday, April 8, 2013

Ray of Hope

Hello,


        Late blogpost I know. I just getting some other things done and trying to get some interviews lined up.

        I saw The Ray preview and it made have a glimer of hope. Hope for something awesome in Teen Titans. Then I saw he was a super rare and a bit of me cried inside because he will be a 20.00 super rare. Simple he is going to be really helpful for all your Justice League and JLI teams because he can give them stealth. Add in HSS and descent damage. Ask yourself what stops you from playing him in sealed or constructive. There is very few reasons. Being a super rare and able to have multiples is pretty cool.

       Hope is coming from Teen Titans but sadly  I don't think it is enough. If the next few previews are awesome they haven't sold me not to cherry pick.

Thoughts?

Check you later,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

5 comments:

  1. Although I'd be thrilled to pull him in a sealed event, I think he's a trap in constructed. His AV is mediocre for today's environment (with a silly 9 when he gets Pulse Wave) and his damage is horrible. Putting stealth on his damage slot just adds insult to injury, since we never get the RCE or such that could make him a viable tertiary attacker. I feel like he needs a dedicated Perplexer, which drives up his true cost, or the Utility Belt, taking it away from a fig that can make more use of it.

    I wouldn't give five bucks for this fig, and wouldn't play it outside of sealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 9 on pulse wave isn't too bad all things considered seeing as how esd and hindering don't factor in. With the stealth combat reflexes being common defenses aren't really that high. One perplex isn't a bad deal. As far as the belt goes I prefer it on my secondary attacker with old iron man running around. Great fig easy to underestimate

      Delete
    2. I see many of your points, and feel that this will be why the click is not the 20 SR from the set...I see this fig pricing between 8-13 bucks

      Delete
  2. It seems like a decent peice, though not a must play. His steath granting is situational at best, but he will be fun to play. Plus I can take "the" off the front and just play with Ray, and pretend it is me as a click. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insert joke about you playing with yourself here

    ReplyDelete