Friday, May 10, 2013

Golden...never mind lol trolled myself.

Hey all,

              I'm sad to inform you that there will be no show this weekend. Mainly due to the fact that I have to work on this upcoming Monday, do a final clean out of my apartment in Topeka, and figure out something for Mother's Day. I'm still working on content so you will see something next week. I just don't know when.

              I could go into how unity in Heroclix cultures is not possible. I won't. But I do see that we have to extremes in the culture that will lead us to some very bad places. I recognize that there will always be power pieces. There will be those that play them to their full might. There will also be those that go out and just want to have fun. Out of those there will be people who don't care about what is on the other end of board.

             I've learned a lot from my time dealing with general discussion on the realms. I think that biggest lesson I learned is that we are only going to see more and more thinkers leave the community because they can't state their opinions. Currently we see only a handful of meta thinkers that post on the strat forums. If not for Johnidschultz that forum would be dead.

           I think the bigger problem is that there are no verbal creative minds out there stating how to make clix better with actual ideas. I had my problems with a cat named ULTRDRGN in the past, but he was a player who posted on the wizkids boards and hcrealms. He had radical ideas on how powers should work. He talked about his home games and his various rulings. It made things interesting because with every 5 or 6 "wtf" moments you get 1 solid "This man is right!" moments. I really miss that in the community. There is no real public tinkering to make things ideally better.

         I want to see how things play out. I tried communicating the idea of unity in a hippie lovey dovey way in the past. That didn't work. I tried this time to present the dirge in prose form. I don't know what else to try. I talked with a player in a pm he said the game doesn't need missionaries it needs players. With the currently level of disdain why would players not just play with their own camps.

         Evaluating some stuff right now with the podcast. I got to figure out some directional stuff.

Thanks for reading,
Edward Shelton aka darklogos.

2 comments:

  1. People are bitter and it's like everything on the internet, if I'm anonymous, screw your opinion. Don't take it to heart and all i gathered from that thread is post count = bitterness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever notice the people that get upset with you playing the cop car, or a Zuran, or a Nightcrawler are usually the ones that do not have those peices....."Yes I played the Caped Crusader AGAIN, I didn't spend 80 bucks to look at him not winning me some games"!!

    ReplyDelete