Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The gun is only as good as the slinger.

Hey,

         Back at work. Things are a bit interesting. I was delayed in posting due to this and this . I seek Puuka story as something we will see more of. With that being said I got an awesome email question from Ray Anderson. Pretty much he asked me is tech limited by the person using it. I will tackle this in two ways. The first is looking at what tech works for you. The second is what tech doesn't work for you.

Briefly lets define skill in how it relates to heroclix. Skill is the application of knowledge, placement, and selection that moves toward apply specific ends in the game of heroclix. You can have lots of skill and still lose. Skill doesn't mean you will win. It means the chances of you winning are increased.  Dice can screw up everything.

Where is the tech coming out of? Did you make it up or did you find it on the internet? Do you tinker with or adapt what you play. Usually tech we make ourselves nine times out of ten shows what we can handle. The next thing to do is a simple number game. I want you to write the number 1-15 spaced out. Then I want you to cut up those numbers into little squares the exact same size. I want you to spin the around then stack them up. I want you to look at the top 5 numbers then put them face down. Wait a minute and then write down the order those numbers are in. Keep going up in the number of numbers until you get two of the numbers incorrect. How many numbers you can remember is how many elements you can juggle without really pushing your mind to hard or without prompts.

How do you know if the tech is in your skill level. First off can you explain to me why the team on the map you are selecting works? If you can't answer that then the tech is beyond you. It doesn't mean you can't play or win with an advance team it is just you don't understand fully why you won. The second issue that comes up is that some people get caught up in the moment of the game more often then other people. So I would say that internal distractions can cause us to have a break down in our level of skill. We can be a great at home but at loud venue we are horrible.  This can be fixed with a little bit of training.

If you want any expansions on the thoughts above let me know.

Check you later,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

No comments:

Post a Comment