Friday, February 8, 2013

The meta break down

Hello,

           I had a great conversation with my heroclix mentee Silent Scream last night. We had a good conversation on the current break down, on first look, impacts of Amazing Spider-man. I'm not going to run down everything but I will list out my top ten buys and top ten meta pieces for the whole set. This list is in no certain order.

Buys
1. Dusk
2. Brother Voodoo
3. Ancient One
4. Ricochet
5. Wong
6. Johnny Blaze
8. Terrax
9. Madam Web
10. Texting Everyone Spider Girl

Meta Changers

1. Dusk
2. Brother Voodoo
3. Texting Everyone Spider Girl
4. Scarlet Spider
5. Madame Web
6. Jennifer Kayle
7. Frankenstein Monster
8. Terrax
9. Dracula
10. The Ancient One

I will say that morph mechanics will be pushed a bit in the local meta. The main problem will be how are we going to solve for stealth. Texting Everyone Spider-Girl is going to hurt the reign of stealth quite a bit. But without her there is nothing other than melee that really deals with the power of SoG and the Bat sets. We have nothing that threatens resource dials or vehicles. Catwoman's stock did go up a bit. Cheap damage is still good. The only minor shake up will be mind control and how it coming back into the meta foresight. Will people actually use Brother Voodoo or just pass up on him due to mind control not being easy to use?

I have purchased all my primes, super rares, and chases I want from the set except 1 and I think his price will come down. I hope everyone gets what they want in their pulls. Let me know what crazy cool deals you all struck to get those pieces that you want.

Thanks for reading,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

No comments:

Post a Comment