Monday, March 18, 2013

Harvest is plenty but the scythes are few.

Hello,

           Hope everyone had a good weekend. I played the SC2 Heart of the Swarm campaign and multiplayer. Lets just say I'm not going pro in SC2. On other news, due to my gaming fun there is no episode this weekend. Good for me. Bad for you. I will try to make it up next week...maybe. I'm nearing the end of my work period so I will be gradually moving stuff back to K.C. in the next 2-3 weeks.

           The meat of today's post is about the recent preview of Harvest. Lets jjust say I'm not that impressed. You are paying over 200 points for this mediocre attacker. He has running shot pulse wave but in the end his values and his consistency does not beat Ultron or Brainiac 5. He is a wildcard that is limited by a keyword. His scythe adds another double power action option on to an already pushed figure. All in all we are stuck looking at a pretty worthless figure unless you are a fan of the story arc.
           I think by creating an object that con only be picked up on a 6 is poor game design. It doesn't fit the tempo of the game. There is no reason I would pay 15 points for this object let alone 5 for the odds presented. I have to give up a full UB or a partial IG for this I really must have some super strong game plan. I don't see that happening unless feats are involved. I mean it. Feats must be involved to make this worth considering.

        All in all they haven't sold me on Titan's like they grabbed me with Amazing Spiderman on the last half of their advertising blitz. I was giddy for Brother and Doctor Voodoo for various reasons and not just because they were broke good. With the massive amount of D.C. Batman stuff we had gotten lately with the street level grimy combat it was time to crank up the power. I think they have failed with that exercise. I don't know what they are trying create. Whatever it is it is rubbing me the wrong way. I will be amazed if I spend 100 let alone 50 dollars on this set when it comes out. You know what that means. We will see a lot more sealed events for No Man's Land Month Six to get rid of all this dud product.

Check you later,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

P.S. I will not talk about No Man's Land Month Six until we see all of Teen Titans set. Some venues will allow it and the meta will change. If Superboy is solid the stealth game may be dead? A big may on that. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the fig and see a lot of potential in higher-point games, but those double power action abilities go largely to waste when he's played as an OMA. If WK puts out a map of The Colony as part of this set, his playability probably skyrockets, as it should favor phasing/teleport. The staff is clearly intended for Harvest alone, who can choose to begin with it, so whether it needs a 6 to "pick up" or a 3-6 doesn't really matter. Giving up the UB or IG does matter, I'll agree, making the staff a joke if you're playing him as an OMA or the majority of your force points.

    However, in larger games the staff makes him an absolute figure killer. The "choose" wording makes his countering power all the more powerful. Outside of being allowed for use in month 6 of NML at some venues (if any do) he's not a factor in the meta. I think we need to see him in action in high point games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same as I looked at this fig....In a 300, 400, even 500 point game, he is not playable to me. But, if it is a 1000 point match, he could be fun....you know as long as Galactus doesnt take hi out turn one!!!

      Delete