Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Fear I have of Fear itself.

Hello,


          After reading up on some Fear Itself promo material that came out recently I am a bit concerned. The idea of a prize support set was already bad. Add in the possibility of chases everything really gets scary. If you check out hcrealms spoil list section you can see there are about 35 figures outside of the le's. Add in the fact that events are said to be run with 1 FI booster and one booster from the current set. That is a bit weak if you ask me. This also can imply that there will not be a lot of product for restocking.

        The Le's look cool. We will see if they are powerful or not. I hope they are not. If they are we will see crazy prices for them on e-bay. Speaking of e-bay. Supposedly retailers have to sign a contract saying they will not sell the prize support on the secondary market. How are they realistically going to enforce this? I don't see it happening. There are enough small business' that buy prize support just to sell back on the market. What then?

     Over all I think this is one of those situations in which we will see how much good and bad comes out of this. I like the LE's selection and that everyone gets a hammer. I like the ATA's and the theme play. But the business model is whoring out the players a bit much for my taste. But hey if Teen Titans keeps going the way it is I may have money when it is June.

Check you later,
Edward Shelton aka darklogos

1 comment:

  1. The whole concept doesn't make a lot of sense, especially tied into event reporting. Normally the OP kit orders are based on how much of the associated product a store orders, but here there's no associated product, so how do they decide in the first place who gets how much?

    I see this only hurting smaller venues; the big venues and online sellers will still get theirs because the distributors will look out for them.

    Luckily I'm not familiar with the storyline, so I'm not attached to the figures. I'll get what I buy or win for the tournaments and be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete