Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Music selection in the new show

Hello,

           I stayed up late last night to get the post production done on the show. Intro's and outro's are back. I picked the songs because I thought they fit the show. I talked with Wize for my another website I write for. I got his permission to use the song. He is a big comic book fan and has comic references throughout his music.  He has a lot of references to Johnny Storm. A common phrase he uses a lot is "Johnny...Flame on" in his music. The "Spiderman" song comes from is called Course Language.

           The second song is "Ali" by Sho Baraka. I picked the song mainly for the greatness theme. I think a lot of us think we can't be great heroclix players. Heck even I feel that at times. I wanted to set a tone from the start that we are shooting for greatness and not mediocrity. I also wanted to set up a tone from the start that we are taking steps forward. The song also addresses doubt. Having talked about doubt in the past we forget it is something we have to overcome.  The previous intro I used was TheBreax "Better" I really liked that it got people hyped and it said a lot of things I aspired for the show. I feel this new intro is a lot better because getting better is worth shooting for. But we also can walk greatness. "Ali" comes off of Sho Baraka's Talented Xth album he just released.

         I wanted to give about a minute for the intro and outro. I wanted the music to set tone and mood. Glass Cabinet Films and Push to Regen have made me up my game when I think about intro's. I think that they have distinguished themselves with really good intro's. Class Cabinet has some cool graphics and dubstep/techno music. Push to Regen has a custom theme song. It is one of the best intro songs in Heroclix podcasting. Don't be afraid to Push! To regenerate. New Episode on your dinner plate. lol.

  Thanks for reading,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos


No comments:

Post a Comment