Monday, March 11, 2013

I summon BLUE EYES ULTIMATE DRAGON!

Hey,

        I know I haven't commented on the Yugioh heroclix stuff. But the announcement makes me laugh. If this came out when I was in college I would be playing that instead of heroclix. But now I think it will be something I look at and laugh at my youth. If anyone remembers Yugioh abridged series that was popular a few years ago then you will know how deep my love for Yugioh was.

        On to the meat of the blog post. After this weekend I came to some serious conclusions. 

1. Brother Voodoo can handle stealth but doesn't like being in that situation.

      After playing an all stealth team with my Brother Voodoo I saw how he can be put in a lot of compromising situations if he is forced to get into melee. Combat reflexes and high stats are a lot more common than energy shield and high defense stats. An 11 on a 20 or 21 is not fun. 

2. Spider-Man's morph mechanic is stronger than I first gave credit.

    I thought that the Spider-Man's morph was good. I didn't know how good it was until this weekend. I saw some really interesting things go off. Since I ended up having to swap my team with my opponent every round on Saturday I saw various combo's and uses. Most people didn't even use the built in wildcard abuse I had on the team. I know I will have to get some more chases lol.

3. Dracula is a big game figure.

     I played Dracula twice on Saturday and I realize he works well with the gauntlet or the utility belt. The biggest need he has is Mole Man and some sort of fodder. Without those two elements he will get melted down like cheap copper. Dracula is deep enough to power up on the gauntlet to get to 2 or 3.

4. Catwoman will be the go to anti-resource dial figure.

     There is so many weird tricks with her that I can't even count. But what is clear she is the superior option to Ironman. First off she stops the utility belt's charge flurry combo. Second is big thing is there are ways for you get her off the map on your team. This means you can use your resource dial but your opponent won't. She does enough damage to actually be considered as a melee threat. Add in wildcard abuse she carries more flexibility than Ironman. Ironman does not protect the rest of your team. Catwoman does.

That's it. I got a show I will have in a next couple of days.

Check you later,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

1 comment: