Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's a longshot of you not getting yelled at.

Hello,

            Not feeling to well. Had a nap and threw off my plans for the day. Still job hunting. Stomach hurts just a tad. But onward and upward to the topic at hand. Longshot.

The new Longshot is funny. We are in the world of the absurd now. Wizkids makes us teams so we don't have to design teams. Now they give us a figure so we don't have to roll dice. They try to balance this by giving him low damage. As well all know that can be fixed really quickly with the Utility belt or any other methods. His range is ok. The goal was to make his range low. But in all honesty it is rather ok in the new meta. Gizmo makes this guy way to broke.

One thing I don't think they thought about is the fact you will always be knocking back your opponent. This forces Longshot to always move in close. He is rather fragile. This will be bad in a post-Fear Itself and TT meta we are in now. Will WXM change how the game is played? I don't think so...right now. But I do see this set as a transitional set. They are depowering while experimenting. This can be really bad or really good. Ignoring the JLTB for a moment. Wizkids has presented some really broken concepts into the game recent.y I think we are beyond the point of throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. We are seeing what happens when we know what sticks and decide to mix poo and honey with the mixture and ask people to hang around. They know that figures that break the rules or normal conventions sell. But at the same time breaking those rules either prove that they where there for a reason or that they are pointless. Longshot takes dice throwing away from a dice throwing game. That is functionally dumb. Next up we will have a figure that will ignore the rule of 3.

Maybe I'm just sleepy and a little grumpy. Who knows. I got a show done. I need to post it soon. I'm a bit behind on a bunch of real life stuff. I will give you a guess about the new show. I have a special guest on who I talk about a lot and also appeared on the show only once.

Thanks for reading,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos.................................................................................

P.S. I don't know why I put the periods there other then I felt like it.

2 comments:

  1. Long shot has to hit then it is treated as a crit hit so +1 damage and knock back . This really only helps when targeting multiple people. When targeting one person it's essentially a 3. On the up side it gets past rule of 3 since damage dealt isn't a stat

    ReplyDelete