Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hmm and Hmm some more.

Hey,

      I've been on a heroclix play break for 2 weeks now. Just mainly due to the fact that I've been busy. I've ran around and helped some friends and family out and not to mention my big planned debut of my SHIAR KILL YOU ALL TEAM  was squashed by a street festival and parking was crazy high priced.

      So I've gone back to playing some other games that have challenged me to think differently and has helped me look at clix in a different way.

The first game is Shadowrun Returns. I finally beat the main campaign. The last levels difficulty is way to crazy to mention.  When I learned to just kill the dang bugs it turned out a lot better. I came to understand that my placement still sucks and that my squad building compensated for my lack of placement skills. It left me wondering if my placement was better what would open up to me as a player.

The second game is League of Legends. Yes I mention this game a lot and it sucks more time up then I would like to admit. This game has taught me how much I dislike relying on a team. Maybe that is why I do bad at 2v2's in heroclix. I stuck to support roles that help my team but when it comes to late game I want to get objectives and my team wants to fight. I think that is my biggest problem is that I want to get objectives and not kills.

The last game is FTL:Faster than Light. This game is hard. I mean really hard. But it has you coming back and playing more and more and more. I can say this game has me not just thinking about my next jump but the next 2 levels I will have to face. I'm using the Bravis aka the Crystal ship. I was glad to get it and have found out it is crazy hard to unlock. Oh well I didn't know I got it about 3 weeks into playing the game. FTL's biggest asset is that you don't know what you are going to get equipped with during the game so you have to treat almost everything like it is your only chance to get it.

New show may be up Thursday or Friday depending on how I feel and my time constraints.

Thanks for reading,
Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

No comments:

Post a Comment