Friday, August 9, 2013

3 out of 3 world champs agree that Spiral is b.s.

Hey all,

            I have had a lot of conversations the last few days. The main topic has been spiral. Everyone I've talked to pretty much said she is horrible for the meta and for the over all idea of this being a game that has range. Range becomes moot with her on the board. Not only that she creates a situation were map is pointless. That is dumb.

           This is all a reaction to last years Gencon. I think the developers have to many things pulling on them. The first is to sell product. The second is moving the meta game. The last is comic accuracy. That to me is the biggest problem right now. The game design team doesn't have a stream line goal. They want to have it all. We are seeing the collapse of quality because of that. I also think the added properties are also draining brain power as well. They need fresh blood. I hate to say it that way.

Can't wait for Gencon reports,

Edward Shelton aka Darklogos

1 comment:

  1. What I like is that you have two other characters in this set that do the same thing as Spiral (in the comics) yet both seem completely well made and costed for their points. Shatterstar and Magik.

    Also now with most of the dials up today, any new thoughts on the set?

    ReplyDelete